Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little by little

The past month has thrown at me numerous little opportunities to peer into the darkest depths of my heart and see how very black they are: How little I think of God; how little I really know about myself, or others, or this world; how little my faith is; how little I’ve changed over the last few years.

But I have changed a little. This time around it’s taken a little less time to turn back to God. There’s been a little less tantrum-throwing before being willing to submit to Him; a little more respect for His sovereignty; a little more openness to His plans for me.

Such little differences, but this time around they mean everything. They’re one encouragement to “strengthen [my] feeble arms and weak knees”* and continue to trek on towards my goal of one day looking a lot more like my Saviour.

Little by little.


*Hebrews 12:12

The picture's from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment