Thursday, June 26, 2014

Radio | Ga Ga



from here

The other night I heard a great song on the radio in the car, and I wished the clock in our car worked so that I could remember the time so that I could look the song up on jplay and find out the name and then add it to my ‘music to buy’ list. I was worrying: What if I couldn’t remember the time? What if I forgot to look it up on jplay? What if I never heard the song again? WHY DOESNT THE CLOCK IN OUR CAR WORK?!

Then I realised that my freaking out about whether or not I’d ever get a chance to hear the song in future was distracting me from listening to and appreciating the song right then in that moment. Why couldn’t I just love the song when I heard it, rather than spending that time planning to love it on future listens? Why, when I hear a song I like, do I immediately feel the need to own it?

I don’t know the answers to any of these questions.

///



This is a clever ad. I was completely sucked in, thinking at first, “Hey - I was born in 1983...” and then at the end, “Oh my goodness, I’M 31!!!!!!!!!! I should sign up to nib health insurance post haste!!” It took me a little while to realise that they didn’t know two facts about me (born in 1983, 31 years old), just one, plus MATHS. Well done, nib. You nearly had me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment