Monday, July 25, 2011

Haiku Heaven

When I woke up this morning I had never written a haiku poem in my life. But mum needed haiku help, so we googled a little to work out the rules and then haiku-d our hearts out. I’m now hooked on haiku-ing. It’s quite possible I’ll be counting syllables in my dreams from now on.

The poems I’m writing aren’t really haiku (there are no references to seasons, no profound final line) – 'fake-u' may be a more appropriate name.

True haiku masters

would cringe at these first attempts,

but I’m having fun!

Anywho, my haiku-induced happiness has given me an idea for this blog but you’ll have to tune back in on Wednesday to find out what it is...

(Ooooooh, the suspense!)


P.S. The picture's from here.

P.P.S. I was originally looking for a picture of a koi fish to stick to the Japanese-y theme, which reminded me of this (crazy?) woman.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. If all is quiet and my fingers are moving in a counting fashion, pinching thumb to finger, thumb to finger, you know what is happening. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love haikus too!
    but mine are not real either
    we are such fakeys.

    ReplyDelete