Monday, September 29, 2014

Cowabunga, dude



The other day I found myself thinking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and, though I’ve known about the show for over 20 years and can still remember and sing a worrying amount of the theme song, for the first time ever I noticed every single word in the title. The show is about turtles. Ninja turtles. Mutant ninja turtles. Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

No matter where I put the emphasis, I simply cannot understand what about the show appealed to the younger version of me who watched it religiously.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about ninja turtles the other day too. I know why you loved it. It's about ninja turtles! Seriously, that's an original idea for a kids show. We all loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they are heroes in a half-shell, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TURTLE POWER!

      My friend messaged me the other day pointing out that it's actually a full shell. Obviously she's more of an optimist than the TMNT theme song writers.

      Delete