Friday, July 5, 2013

Bumpdate

Yes, I’m huge. Thank you for telling me this repeatedly for the last 6 months. Sorry I still don’t have a great response for it (“Thanks!”? “Okay!”?). Yes, there are still 4 weeks to go until the due date. Yes, I’m sure it’s not twins.

///

When I was pregnant with Moses, I finished my exams in June, went on a babymoon in Byron with my besties, spent the following week house-sitting/freezing in Exeter with Alan, and then for the next almost-nine heavy weeks I did absolutely nothing but go to appointments and sleep and read and wait and prepare for the baby to arrive. This time I have a toddler. He doesn’t sleep in. He’s not into pottering around. He loves playing tip.

When I was pregnant with Moses, I was told that when the baby slept, I should sleep. This time I’ve been told that when the baby sleeps, I should spend time with Moses. Yesterday, comparing the two made me cry; I just wanted to lie down. And not move. For a very long time. The day before yesterday, I was on a Woot!-Bring-it-on! high. Today I’ve been listing all the other mums I know who’ve survived having more than one child, which just so happens to be all of the mums I know who’ve had more than one child. This is reassuring. It means that no matter how I feel, having two children probably won’t kill me.

I‘m hoping that the cycle will start over again tomorrow and I’ll be on a high again.

///

I’ve been making the most of the gorgeous weather by washing baby clothes and baby car seat covers and baby bedding. Baby stuff is really small. Like, super small. Just sayin’.

2 comments: