Sunday, April 15, 2012

A brief catch up!

Hello, blog! Sorry I haven’t been around much this week; we all ended up with some kind of gastro bug, my husband had an essay due on Friday, and now I have an essay due in two days’ time. If it makes you feel any better, I haven’t been hanging out with French or Pilates, either. It hasn’t all been yukky, though, you may be pleased to know: On Wednesday, for example, I got the giggles in the college library when I came across a book by a man named Andrew Purves (DOES HE?! How rude!), and today I found out that my husband has secretly started writing poetry! Rather prolifically, it would seem, though I haven't been allowed to read any of his poems yet.

I’ll be back soon, I promise! Until then, here’s a quote to chew on, from The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen (page 99):
When the imitation of Christ does not mean to live a life like Christ, but to live your life as authentically as Christ lived his, then there are many ways and forms in which a [person] can be a Christian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment